It is impossible to understand Warsaw without looking at the history of Warsaw's Jews. Before WWII Warsaw had the largest Jewish community in Europe and the second largest one in the world. Warsaw’s Jews made up over 30% of the city’s population. Great names that lived here include Isaac Bashevis Singer, the Nobel Prize winner for literature, Janusz Korczak - the paediatrician and author of fables, Samuel Goldwyn – the co-founder of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film studio, Ester Rachela Kaminska - the famous actress and Władyslaw Szpilman - the great composer and main hero of the "The Pianist" by Roman Polanski. After WWII, Jewish Warsaw ceased to exist, but you can still find remnants of the history of two nations, one country - Polin.
The tour on the trail of Jewish heritage takes you to places where you can still admire the climate of pre-war multi-cultural Warsaw. You will visit the only synagogue which survived WW II and the Jewish cemetery where famous rabbis, Tzadiks, and Jewish families are buried. You will discover what the words menorah, Torah, Aron Kodesh and mezuzah mean. You will also learn about the symbolic meaning and architecture of the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, the only museum in the world dedicated to the history and present of Polish Jews.
- The Nożyk Synagogue
- The jewish quarters in works of I.B. Singer
- The Main Judaism Library
- The location of the Great Synagogue
- The most jewish commercial street
- The symbolic location of the POLIN Museum
- The Jewish Cemetery
- The artistic installation „Greetings from Jerusalem Avenue“
Duration: 3 hours
Start time: 10.00 am, 2.00 pm
Venue: your hotel
Price: 1 - 20 pax
|Number of persons||1 pax||2 pax||3-4 pax||5-6 pax||7-19 pax|
|Price per 1 person in PLN||440 PLN||220 PLN||160 PLN||140 PLN||112 PLN|
|Price per 1 person in EUR||110 EUR||55 EUR||40 EUR||35 EUR||28 EUR|
|Included||hotel pick-up & drop-off, transport, licensed tour guide services, parking fees, taxes|
|Not included||entrance tickets, lunch|
|Type of tour||private car tour, sightseeing with entrance to sites||minibus tour, sightseeing with entrance to sites|
For groups of more than 20 pax the price will be set individually. To get a quote please send a request
Methods of payments: we accept payments with cash, bank transfers and credit cards: EC-Cards, Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- The order of the sightseeing may change depending on the location of your hotel.
- On Fridays evening and Saturdays the tour is offered without entrance to the Synagogue and to the Jewish Cemetery.
- During this tour we do not offer a guided tour of the POLIN Museum. We recommend to explore the core exhibition with audio guides, which are available in English and other languages as well. It is a good idea to earmark at least 2.5 hours to visit the core exhibition. Please plan your visit considering the opening hours of the POLIN Museum:
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (the last entrance: 4:00 pm)
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm (the last entrance: 6:00 pm)
Museum is closed on: April 21., June 20., October 9., December 24., 25., 31.
We also recommend:
- other Warsaw tours: Faces of Warsaw, Chopin’s Warsaw, the Warsaw Ghetto
- Self-guided walking tour of Warsaw Ghetto on apps: The Warsaw Ghetto App. Read more about the App
- The Article about the POLIN Museum
- A virtual tour of the POLIN Museum